Content is consumed is many different ways, including viewing on desktops, tablets, and mobile devices. Over the past couple years, the verdict has been clear: mobile content marketing has become the big player, and if your aren’t paying attention to it, you will lost out on ROI. Did you that open rates have increased by 300% on mobile devices from October 2010 to October 2012? That’s huge!
I worked with the teams at Compendium and Exact Target to compile and present the data they’ve collected into a story about how people are using mobile devices to search and purchase. Here are some interesting findings on the state of mobile content marketing:
- Mobile email creates twice as many conversions as social activities or search.
- 51% of US mobile users browse, search, and purchase on mobile devices at home.
- Web visits on a mobile or tablet device are highest on Thursday at 15.7%.
- SMS marketing messaging is becoming more popular, with 31.2% of agencies using this tactic to increase click through.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)