Goals for 2011
Personally, I’m a person that believes that New Year’s resolutions are somewhat irrelevant. If you want to do something with your life, why do you have to wait until January 1st to put those goals into place? Make those goals happen when you think of them. Don’t procrastinate because you’re “too busy.” You only live once (theoretically), and the older we get, the time goes by that much faster.
On the other hand, I definitely think it is important to make personal goals for yourself, and what better time to do so than the beginning of a new year? Goals are important on a short-term and long-term scale for measurement and encouragement. It also gives you a vision for your plans moving forward.
Enough philosophy. Let’s get down to the nitty gritty.
Goals for 2011:
1. Represent myself and my company as a professional, knowledgeable individual with a drive to help my clients become successful. In order to do this, I will learn as much as I can about Internet marketing, design, and branding, as well as develop and maintain my skill set in the web industry. I cannot help my clients if I do not continually grow my skills as a project manager and marketer.
2. Grow my client base so that I can continue to help a list of individuals meet their marketing goals. I get my energy from people, and I have found that my calling in life is to help others succeed. I want to help you find a job, discover the wonders of joining the social media community, and make you feel good about your personal brand.
3. Demonstrate my motto of “Creativity. Leadership. Integrity.” throughout my personal and professional life. These are the qualities that I would like to emulate as an individual, and I think they are ideal for me to succeed.
4. Serve my clients to my best ability. This means answering emails at 11 p.m., providing a recommendation to a friend in need, and providing an ear when they need someone to listen.
5. Establish myself as a social media marketer and advisor. I love social media marketing just as much as I love interacting with people in real life. If I love it so much, why not make a career out of it?
6. Meet the goals listed above!
Now it’s your turn. Think about what you want to accomplish in 2011. Can I help you with those goals? Maybe. But you have to figure them out first.
Happy New Year everyone!
Looking for something?
Rant: Playing “The Game”
<rant> A little over a year ago, I went on a date with..
Infographic: Evolution of a Salesperson
Infographics have always been a passion of mine – I lo..
Life Changes: Putting the “New” in DK New Media
I am proud to announce that I will be starting as a Relation..
Extroverts Versus Introverts: Why Understanding the Difference is Important
When I started college, one of the first things we did in th..
5 Tips to Making Your Life Better
It’s been a while since I’ve written a blog post..